Monday, June 30, 2008

Just a small pie...


That's what my weekend looked like, pizza friends! The DeVizzaPizza family pizza party was a blast. Six pies, ranging from pesto with fresh ricotta to the simple Margherita pictured above. Good good pizza times, for sure. Wish you could've been there...

In other news, the Round 2 winner of the Mister DeVizzaPizza Fake Pizza Place Name Contest was chosen on Friday:

Tony's Sliced-How-You-Like

Another good one! New names are in the polls section now, so please...keep voting!

And that's about it for now. I'm working on a more substantial post concerning "fancy" pizzas, inspired by a reader email. So look for that soon. In the meantime, I'd like to share a wonderful idea submitted by a Mister DeVizzaPizza VIPP (that's "Very Important Pizza Pal"), my friend Will. Will's an ace on the grill and wrote in following Friday's backyard bbq-themed pizza post. Here's his tip for mess-free grilled pizza pies!

--------

Dear Mr. DevizzaPizza,

I sure do love to grill pizza and wanted to share one of my techniques. Instead of throwing the pizza directly on the grill (which often results in burnt, stuck-to-the-grill crusts whenever I do it), I put the shaped dough onto a pizza screen and then put the whole package on the grill. I find that you can grab everything (pizza and screen) with tongs and easily rotate it (if you have a hot spot) or remove it. Pizza screens look kinda like stucco mesh with a hoop around it. I got mine at Fantes. Oh, here's a picture:

http://www.fantes.com/images/7607pizza.jpg

love,
Will

--------

Great tip, Will! Extra slices for you!

Ok, pizza friends...here's hoping your Monday comes with extra cheese!

'Za regards,
Mr. DP

No comments: